Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463)
Developing Rules Applications with Red Hat JBoss BRMS (JB463) teaches rule developers and Java™ enterprise application developers how to create, test, debug, and control business rules, how to generate rules packages, and how the Red Hat JBoss BRMS [business rules management system] runtime environment executes rules.
Who should attend
- Rule authors responsible for authoring and testing rules, using Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Java application developers responsible for developing and integrating business rules into Java and Java EE enterprise applications
- Basic Java and Java EE programming experience
- Knowledge of the Eclipse IDE, Maven, and GIT are useful, but not essential
- Business rule development experience is not required
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to create business logic as business rules, consumed by traditional applications, in a way that the rules can be changed without updating and redeploying applications. Expected results include faster time to market, increased visibility of the specific business rules used by each application, and a lower risk of interpretation errors that would lead to application errors.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, students should be able to use the JBoss Developer Studio IDE to develop and integrate business rules into Java applications. The business rules are written using languages that can be understood by business experts as well as software developers.
Students should be able to demonstrate the following skills:
- Create business rules using the Drolls declarative language.
- Create business rules using decision tables and Domain Specific Languages (DSL).
- Integrate business rules into a Java or Java EE application.
- Debug business rules.
- Implement rules tailored for Complex Event Processing (CEP).
Students will use Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio 7 and Red Hat JBoss BRMS 6 to perform detailed, hands-on exercises that enable them to create and manage business rules in a production environment. The principles in this course can be applied to implementing a standalone Red Hat JBoss BRMS solution or a Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite (business process management) solution.
- Authoring basic business rules in Red Hat JBoss Developer Studio
- Authoring advanced rules
- Testing and debugging business rules
- Using spreadsheet decision tables
- Authoring and using DSL mapping files
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS architecture and runtime rule execution
- Controlling rule execution and preventing conflicts
- Complex event processing (CEP)
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date