Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.4.2 for UNIX/Linux: Administration (ISAUA)
Who should attend
This course is for Linux system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, network/SAN administrators, and systems integration/development staff, who will be installing, operating, or integrating InfoScale Availability.
Knowledge of and hands-on experience with Unix/Linux systems administration; and must have taken the following Web-based training: Veritas InfoScale 7.1 for Unix/Linux: Installation The installation videos are available at eLibrary > InfoScale > InfoScale 7.1 for Unix/Linux > Veritas InfoScale 7.1 for Unix/Linux: Installation (five modules).
The Veritas InfoScale Availability 7.2 for Unix/Linux: Administration course is designed for the IT professional tasked with installing, configuring, and maintaining Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) clusters.
This class covers how to use InfoScale Availability to manage applications in a high availability environment. After gaining the fundamental skills that are needed to manage a highly available application in a cluster, you can deploy InfoScale Availability in a lab environment to implement a sample cluster design.
By the completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe how clustering is used to implement high availability in the data center environment.
- Describe VCS and cluster communication mechanisms.
- Create a cluster, and configure service groups and resources.
- Implement and verify failover and failback capability for application, storage, and network services.
- Configure and optimize cluster behavior.
- Protect data in a shared storage environment.
- Describe I/O fencing operations, and its implementation.
- Configure VCS to manage an Oracle database and other applications.
- Configure and manage VCS clusters on virtual machines in VMware environment.
- Implement Just in Time Availability for single node VCS cluster on virtual machine in a VMware environment.
- High Availability Concepts
- VCS Building Blocks
- VCS Operations
- VCS Configuration Methods
- Preparing Services for VCS
- Online Configuration
- Offline Configuration
- Configuring Notification
- Handling Resource Faults
- Intelligent Monitoring Framework
- Cluster Communications
- Using I/O Fencing for Application Data Integrity
- Clustering Applications
- Clustering Databases
- VMware vSphere Data Center Architecture
- Veritas High Availability Deployment in VMware
- Veritas High Availability Configuration and Administration
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date