- Guaranteed Schedule
- Fast Lane LIVE E-Learning
- Digital Learning Solutions
- Fast Lane Academy»
- IT-Training by Fast Lane»
- Featured Vendors
- Amazon Web Services»
- Google Cloud»
- Palo Alto Networks»
- Red Hat»
- Additional Vendors»
- IT & Project Management»
- Scaled Agile»
- Featured Technologies
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)»
- Cloud Computing»
- Cyber Security»
- Data Centre»
- Network Analysis / Wireshark»
- Software Development»
- Wireless & Mobility»
Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I + EX248 (JB249)
Red Hat JBoss Application Administration I teaches you the best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 7. Through hands-on labs, learn the essential, real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to effectively manage applications on JBoss Enterprise Application Platform.
This course includes the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration Exam (EX248).
Who should attend
System administrators who are either new to Red Hat JBoss or have experience with Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 6.
- Base experience with system administration on Microsoft Windows, UNIX, or Linux® operating systems
- Understanding of hardware and networking
Note: No prior knowledge of Java™, scripting, or JBoss Developer Studio is required
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to minimize time to market for applications and to simplify administration tasks. These skills are suitable for organizations seeking to increase application stability and cut costs for managing applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you should be able to manage JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform 7 in both standalone mode and a managed domain with both the EAP CLI and web console.
Students should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install EAP 7 in standalone mode or as a managed domain.
- Configure the new batch subsystem.
- Administer the HornetQ messaging subsystem.
- Secure applications deployed on EAP.
- Customize server logging.
- Create and manage datasource connections to databases.
- Manage EAP clustering.
This course will cover best practices for installing and configuring Red Hat® JBoss® Enterprise Application Platform (JBoss EAP) 7. This hands-on class covers the real-world tasks that a system administrator needs to know to deploy and manage applications on JBoss EAP. The topics in this course cover all of the exam objectives of the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Enterprise Application Server Administration exam.
Course content summary
- Install and run JBoss EAP 7 in standalone mode and domain mode
- Configure a domain
- Deploy applications to JBoss EAP 7
- Configure the datasource subsystem
- Configure Java™ Message Service (JMS) and Artemis
- Configure the logging subsystem
- Configure the web subsystem
- Implement application security in JBoss EAP 7
- Configure the batch subsystem
- Get an introduction to clustering
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.