Who should attend
This qualification is aimed at project managers and aspiring project managers. It is also relevant to other key staff involved in the design, development and delivery of projects, including:
- Project Board members (e.g. Senior Responsible Owners)
- Team Managers (e.g. Product Delivery Managers)
- Project Assurance (e.g. Business Change Analysts)
- Project Support (e.g. Project and Programme Office personnel) and operational line managers/staff.
- This program is also ideal for anyone intending to become a PRINCE2 Consultant or PRINCE2 Trainer.
The PRINCE2 Foundation Certificate Course taken on its own is designed for those who are not necessarily aspiring for professional level knowledge but who nevertheless require a sufficient understanding of this project management methodology – such as people working on projects, people initiating projects, business representatives, team leaders, those with an interest in project management or who are considering moving into that field.
If you take the Foundation module on its own you may at a later date take the Practitioner module and complete the full program.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- The characteristics and context of a project and the benefits of adopting PRINCE2
- The purpose of the PRINCE2 roles, management products and themes
- The PRINCE2 principles
- The purpose, objectives and context of the PRINCE2 processes.
This 3-day Foundation Certificate course provides a comprehensive coverage of all aspects of the PRINCE2 methodology, including the 7 PRINCIPLES, 7 THEMES, 7 PROCESSES of PRINCE2 as well as sub-processes and techniques. Exercises are based on a real-life case study to ensure that participants learn the practical application of PRINCE2 theory.
The objective of the PRINCE2 Foundation Level Course is to ensure that participants will acquire the skills and knowledge to be able to act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method within a project environment supporting PRINCE2.
The course is based on the new 2017 syllabus to ensure maximum relevance. Through practice exams, workshops and evening study, you will gain the knowledge and skills required to take the PRINCE2 Foundation exam which is held at the end of Day 3.