Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Performance Tuning and Optimization (55144)
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is individuals who administer and maintain SQL Server databases and are responsible for optimal performance of SQL Server Instances that they manage. These individuals also write queries against data and need to ensure optimal execution performance of the workloads.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Working knowledge of database administration and maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL.
This course is designed to give the right amount of Internals knowledge, and wealth of practical tuning and optimization techniques, that you can put into production. The course offers a comprehensive coverage of SQL Server architecture, indexing and statistics strategies, optimize transaction log operations, tempdb and data file configuration, transactions and isolation levels, and locking and blocking. The course also teaches how to create baselines and benchmark SQL Server performance, how to analyze workload and figure out where performance problems are, and how to fix them. Coverage of in-memory tables and stored procedures along with an introduction to this exciting new technology is included.
- Module 1: Course Overview
- Module 2: SQL 2014 Architecture
- Module 3: The Database Engine
- Module 4: SQL Performance Tools
- Module 5: Query Optimizing and Operators
- Module 6: Understanding Indexes
- Module 7: Understanding Statistics
- Module 8: In-Memory Databases
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date