EMC Avamar Integration and Performance Management (MR-1CP-AVAIPM)
Who should attend
This course is intended for employees, partners, and customers responsible for Avamar application integration and performance management.
To understand the content and successfully complete this course, a student must have a suitable knowledgebase/skill set. The student must have an understanding of
- EMC Avamar concepts and administration
- Network administration in a TCP/IP environment
- Unix/Linux system administration
A list of specific prerequisite courses can be found in EMC Education Services Learning Management System.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe Avamar client, initialization, and security best practices
- Install, configure, and run backups and restores of supported database applications, NDMP appliances, and VMware environments
- Install, configure, and run backups and restores in environments integrated with NetWorker and Data Domain
- Describe recommended practices for Avamar performance management including sizing client caches and recovering from server capacity issues
This course provides participants with the knowledge necessary to expand their Avamar integration and performance management skills. The course explores performance management procedures and best practices. Hands-on experience in integrating Avamar with various applications, EMC NetWorker and Data Domain is provided through a lab environment.