VersaStack Implementation (VSI)
The VersaStack solution by Cisco and IBM is an integrated infrastructure designed for cloud and enterprise application deploy¬ments. It combines the performance and innovation of the Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure with the versatility and efficiency of the IBM Storwize storage system. The VersaStack solution is backed by Cisco Validated Designs to provide a faster delivery of applications, greater IT efficiency, and less risk.
Our new 5-day training is designed for system and network engineers and administrators implementing and administering VersaStack solutions. The course covers key implementa-tion procedures, management and basic troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco Nexus 9300, Cisco MDS 9100, Cisco UCS, IBM Storwize V7000 Unified, Cisco Nexus 1000V and Cisco UCS Director.
Who should attend
The primary audience for this course is as follows:
- Network engineers, Network administrators, System engineers and Server administrators
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- General knowledge of networking technologies.
- CCNA / CCNP Data Center recommended.
- Basic understanding of storage operations.
- Basic knowledge of server and server virtualization technologies such as VMware ESXi.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Identify the architecture, features and components of VersaStack for Data Center
- Describe implementation parameters for VersaStack for Data Center including Cisco Nexus 9300, Cisco MDS 9100, Cisco UCS, IBM Storwize V7000 and Cisco Nexus 1000V
- Describe VersaStack management tools including Cisco UCS Director
- Cisco Application Centric (ACI) Overview
- VersaStack Overview
- VersaStack Networking
- VersaStack SAN
- VersaStack Storage
- VersaStack Compute
- VersaStack Virtualization
- Cisco UCS Director
- Cisco Nexus 9300 Network Initial Configuration Setup
- Cisco Nexus 9300 LAN Configuration
- Cisco Nexus 9300 vPC Configuration
- Cisco MDS 9100 Initial Configuration Setup
- Cisco MDS 9100 SAN Configuration
- Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Initial Configuration Setup
- Cisco UCS Configuration
- Cisco UCS Resource Pools and Policies Configuration
- Cisco UCS vNIC and vHBA Template Configuration
- Cisco UCS Service Profile Template Configuration
- Cisco UCS Service Profile Configuration and Deployment
- IBM Storwize V7000 Unified LACP Compliant Network Bond Configuration
- IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Volume Configuration
- IBM Storwize V7000 Unified NFS Share Configuration
- VMware ESXi Installation on IBM Storwize V7000 Unified LUN
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Installation
- Cisco Nexus 1000V Base Configuration
- Cisco UCS Director Physical and Virtual Accounts Setup
- Cisco UCS Director Components Monitoring
- Cisco UCS Director VDCs, Tenants and Policies Configuration
- Cisco UCS Director Self-Service Portal and VM Provisioning
- Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Workflow Configuration
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date