Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening Exam (EX413)
Who should attend
- System administrators responsible for standards-compliant security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems
- System administrators responsible for security on Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems or who wish to harden systems beyond default configurations
- RHCEs who wish to earn Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
- Be Red Hat Certified System Administrators or have comparable work experience and skills (Red Hat Certified Engineer would be even better)
- Have taken the Red Hat Performance Tuning: Linux in Physical, Virtual, and Cloud (RH442) course or have equivalent work experience
- Review the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening exam (EX413) objectives
You should be able to perform the following tasks: list] [*] Identify Red Hat Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVEs) and Red Hat Security Advisories (RHSAs) and selectively update systems based on this information [*] Verify package security and validity [*] Identify and employ standards-based practices for configuring file system security, create and use encrypted file systems, tune file system features, and use specific mount options to restrict access to file system volumes [*] Configure default permissions for users and use special file permissions, attributes, and access control lists (ACLs) to control access to files [*] Install and use intrusion detection capabilities in Red Hat Enterprise Linux to monitor critical system files [*] Manage user account security and user password security [*] Manage system login security using pluggable authentication modules (PAM) [*] Configure console security by disabling features that allow systems to be rebooted or powered off using bootloader passwords [*] Configure system-wide acceptable use notifications [*] Install, configure, and manage identity management services and configure identity management clients [*] Configure remote system logging services, configure system logging, and manage system log files using mechanisms such as log rotation and compression [*] Configure system auditing services and review audit reports [*] Use network scanning tools to identify open network service ports and configure and troubleshoot system firewalling [/list]
The Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Server Hardening exam (EX413) tests candidates' knowledge, skills, and abilities to apply standards-based best practices to secure Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems against unauthorized access.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.