Network Automation in the WAN (NA-WAN)
This four-day course is designed to introduce various Juniper NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner features including, but not limited to, topology discovery, Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) label switched path (LSP) management, LSP optimization, LSP calendaring, maintenance scheduling, segment routing, troubleshooting, REST API, P2MP LSPs, failure simulation, reporting, network modeling, path demand placement, and hardware inventory. Students will learn to configure and monitor these features that exist on Juniper’s NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner platforms with the help of a network built using vMX Series devices. Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience configuring, monitoring, and analyzing the above features of the NorthStar Controller and Planner. This course is based on NorthStar Release 4.0.
Who should attend
This course benefits individuals responsible for managing MPLS networks that want to add automation using the NorthStar Controller and NorthStar Planner, including individuals in professional services, sales and support organizations, and the end users.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the various WAN domains.
- Describe the use cases for NorthStar.
- Describe the use cases for NorthStar Planner.
- Describe the usage of PCEP.
- Describe RSVP signaling using the CSPF algorithm.
- Describe the NorthStar VMs and their processes.
- Describe the post installation setup process.
- Describe the behavior of topology discovery.
- Describe the configuration of IGP topology discovery.
- Describe the configuration of BGP-LS topology discovery.
- Describe how to access the NorthStar Controller Operator and Planner user interfaces.
- Describe the basic features of the NorthStar Controller Operator user interface.
- Describe the various LSP types.
- Configure PCC controlled LSPs.
- Configure PCE delegated LSPs.
- Configure PCE initiated LSPs.
- Monitor LSPs from the NorthStar Operator user interface.
- Describe primary, secondary, and standby LSPs.
- Describe symmetric pairs of LSPs.
- Describe diversity groups.
- Describe using Junos MPLS LSP templates.
- Describe LSP calendaring.
- Describe Inter-AS LSPs.
- Describe how to provision multiple LSPs.
- Describe LSP optimization.
- Configure Segment Routing
- Manage NorthStar using the REST API
- Troubleshoot NorthStar Controller
- Create P2MP LSPs
- Explain the features, capabilities, and benefits of NorthStar Planner and how they work to optimize WAN design.
- Access NorthStar Planner and navigate and customize the NorthStar Planner administrative interface.
- Explain different methods of creating a network model.
- Manage different files that make up a network model and understand how these files are organized.
- Modify a network model by performing tasks such as adding links, nodes, and sites and save these changes to a modeled network.
- Optimize network demand paths, design diverse paths, and perform what-if scenarios to see how demands are routed.
- Simulate link and node failures and view the effects of these failures on demand routing across the WAN.
- Analyze and manage network information using the Report Manager interface.
- Perform hardware inventory using the NorthStar Planner interface.
- WAN Automation
- Northstar Controller Architecture
- Topology Discovery
- Using the NorthStar Controller
- Basic LSP Management
- Advanced LSP Management
- Segment Routing
- P2MP LSPs
- Maintenance Scheduling and NETCONF Provisioning
- Data Collection and Analytics
- NorthStar Controller Troubleshooting
- REST API
- NorthStar Planner
- NorthStar Planner Path Analysis and Design
- Network Demand Placement and Outage Simulation
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.