Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals (WIFUND)
Now available in e-learning for a fraction of the ILT (Instructor Led Training) cost!
Cisco has revolutionized e-learning You will now receive the exact same content and labs in a self-paced format complete with HD video, searchable transcripts, full Student Guide textbook, hands-on labs (just like the ILT labs) and graded assessments. It is the utmost, interactive and state-of-the-art authorized Cisco e-learning available.
To start learning, click here here to view this course.
Who should attend
The Implementing Cisco Wireless Network Fundamentals course prepares you for CCNA Wireless certification and specialization in the wireless field. This course covers use, positioning, planning and implementation of Cisco WLAN networks. The labs and course content will give you the skills needed to design, install, configure, monitor and troubleshoot a Cisco WLAN in SMB and Enterprise installations.
How is this course different from the Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials (IUWNE) course that it replaces?
The following topics have been added to this course:
- Expanded understanding of RF theory, RF mathematics and antenna characteristics
- Added focus on 802.11ac access points, controllers, and wireless standards
- Improvements to wireless access security including Web Authentication method
- Includes new wireless architectures for Unified Access and Cloud Managed
- Client mobility topics now include centralized and converged options
- Expanded design topics to include predictive analysis along with pre and post deployment site surveys
- Enhancements to controller based monitoring and new applications for troubleshooting
- Wireless network management options include Cisco Prime Infrastructure and Identity Services Engine
Who should attend this course?
The primary target audiences for this course are:
- Network engineers
- Network administrators
- Network and system managers
It is recommended, but not required, that students have the following knowledge and skills before attending this course:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Parts 1 & 2 (ICND1 & ICND2) or
- Cisco CCENT certification
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand basic RF principles and characteristics
- Understand WLAN security methods and access with different client devices
- Define Cisco WLAN architecture and underlying infrastructure used to support it
- Implement a central wireless access network using AireOS or IOS-XE wireless LAN controllers
- Implement a converged wireless access network using IOS-XE converged access switches and wireless LAN controllers
- Implement small and remote access wireless networks using FlexConnect, Autonomous or Cloud architectures
- Perform basic WLAN maintenance and troubleshooting
- Describe requirements for WLAN design
Follow On Courses
Follow on courses:
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date